6/29/11

First Farm Dinner!


I've had a little time to recover and reflect on our very first farm dinner hosted at Arcadia Farms! I want to send a sincere thanks to all who attended and helped support our organization. I am humbled by your generosity and kind words.

Last Sunday, we hosted 90 amazing Arcadia supporters for an evening celebrating local food and Virginia wine. With the culinary genius of Tony Chittum from Vermillion and the decadent desserts of Tiffany Macisaac (who won a RAMMY this past weekend-- congrats, Tiff!), guests were treated to pork-stuffed squash blossoms, sesame-crusted green tomatoes, cucumber fennel salad, chamomile whipped cream over blueberries, and a host of other local fares.


The event went off without a hitch thanks to an amazing group of volunteers! (A HUGE thanks to the NRG staff-- and, of course, to Bev and Anna!)

There is something really rewarding watching people enjoy food that I have grown from tiny seed. It reminds me that food and food sharing is essential to us as social beings and it is such a luxury to have a glass of wine on my farm. While I spent most of the time looking at all the weeding that needs to be done, I think guests enjoyed being on a tiny rural oasis amidst the urban sprawl of Rt 1 and contributing to a great cause.

There will be more dinners to come and I hope to see you all there!

1 comment: