6/4/14

Meet Anna, our Mobile Market Fellow from Tufts University!

We are pleased to be hosting our fifth fellow from Tufts University this summer.  Anna will be joining the team for the next ten weeks, helping to operate our soon-to-be 18 weekly Mobile Market stops and conducting program evaluation. 


What are you most excited about for this Fellowship?

I am most excited about sharing my passion for healthy food with the communities the Mobile Market serves.  I can’t wait to learn more about the neighborhoods, and to see how the Mobile Market can most effectively serve them.

What experiences have prepared you for this position?

I grew up in town in Maine densely populated with farms and agriculture. Farming is in my blood! As a community health major at Tufts University, I feel I have a solid academic understanding of disparities in health outcomes due to unequal access to food. I am excited to put my classroom-based knowledge into action! Additionally, I work to alleviate some of the barriers to food access in Boston’s neighborhoods, including helping to improve transportation, and increasing knowledge about healthy cooking. I hope to bring these experiences with me to Arcadia.

If you were a vegetable, what would you be?

I would be rainbow chard, because I’m resilient, hearty, and colorful!

Which season has the best produce, and why?

Spring! Fiddleheads and snap peas and rhubarb! All fleeting, so you have to act fast.

12 comments:

  1. Go Anna! You are what you eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was our teacher, I've been oakley sunglasses sale uk doing very much. sale, do what I say. What a guilty conscience. cheap oakley sunglasses uk A cheap hand dig http://www.witchita.co.uk dig crotch, face immorality said. cheap big shouted cheap oakley sunglasses uk fart, I was the kind of person do. White cheap one cheap, others cheap oakley sunglasses uk immediately burst into boos. cheap oakley sunglasses uk cheap in front of a black fell backwards. Tianhua Hotel

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is attempting out to broadcast the Rajasthan University Result one by one for different subjects. Aspirants are also download their Rajasthan University Result with proceedings here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goa Board SSC Result 2018 is going to be announced on May 2018 by the board. Appeared candidates can download Goa board 10th Result 2018 With Marks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To get the latest information from lamborghini cars visit blog

    ReplyDelete