After hosting groups from the Lab School, EW Stokes School, Whittier Elementary, and Thomson Elementary over the past few weeks, we thought we'd share some with you:
- “That’s what my dad says. We should have more dirt in our diet.”
- We asked for kids to suggest names for our new chickens, and some of the suggestions included: “Yo beautiful!” “Max!” “Blacksmith!” “John!”
- “When worms do their business, it makes the plants happy.”
- “Can we pick a ladybug and keep it?”
- After tasting a freshly-harvested spinach leaf, one student remarks: “It tastes so much greener.”
- “I want to be a farmer. It’s fun.”
- We're talking about trap crops, one of the natural pest control methods we use on the farm and one response is “People are hearing and they’re gonna tell the caterpillars.”
- “I never want to leave here."
Thanks to our friend Professor Amy Best from George Mason University, who recorded these gems during her field trip observations.