3/14/11

We're getting there...

Hello, wonderful local food lovers, and Happy Pi(e) Day! (3.14... get it?)

I just checked the stats and so far we've raised 37% of our $15,000 goal to get my mobile market on the road! I'm still shopping around for a bus, but I spent much of yesterday helping a great group of folks remodel and convert an old school bus to run on veggie oil. Oooh, I'm getting excited to have my own mobile market to work on soon!



Now, I am not at all trying
to divert attention or funding from my own project, but you really should check out what the cool folks behind Pick Up America are doing. Their veg-powered bus should be hitting the road any day now as they head out on a cross-country, roadside trash pickup odyssey....

Getting back to Arcadia and all things sustainable food, I hope to see you all at our celebration barbecue at the farm this May. Remember: we can only throw a party if we meet our goal.... We still have over $9,000 left to raise by April 22, so if you haven't donated yet, please check out our online campaign!

1 comment: